Monday, May 17, 2010

WET N WILD BOGO SALE!!

I had already told you about me going to my Rite Aid for formula and found they had the new Wet N Wild stuff.... WELL! I had to go back to Rite Aid for i forgot what but i knew what i was doing i intentionally went there, i figured i could pick up a lipstick or 2. The make up gods were smiling upon me on Friday! The Wet N Wild stuff was buy one get one FREEEEE! oh yeah! i hyperventilated and picked up some stuff for only $14!! Not too shabby if you ask me. 4 lipsticks 3 shadow pencils and 3 liquid liners..... pretty awesome shopping.

I also told you guys that i absolutely needed to buy all 20 shades of the Mega Last Lipsticks and since lipsticks are starting to be my favorite new thing to buy, lets start there. These lipsticks go for $2.99 each, I had said i wanted "Vamp it up" but when i looked at in the store it looked very similar to "Va Va Violet" that i just got from Revlon, so i passed on that one for now.


*FLASH*
From the left:


916D Ravin' Raisin: a muted plum very pretty, ill be using this one soon.

915B Spiked With Rum: i need more neutral lip colors and this one is a very warm brown tan. Kind of reminds me of Warm Me up from MAC.

911D Stoplight Red: This one is a total and complete duplicate of MAC Ruby Woo, which my favorite red lipstick. This one isnt as drying as a MAC matte lipstick and im really liking that. This one seems a lil brighter too.

918D Cherry Bomb: i dont have a lip color like this, its a burgundy red/brown. I seriously cant wait to use this one.

Idol Eyes Creme Shadow Pencils. These are $1.99 and well worth the 2 dollars! They arent part of the "NEW" line, they are OG to WnW. I got these to use as a primer under my eyeshadows, i dont have anything i can use as a primer in blue or green so i was pretty excited about these pencils. The light beigey color i got because i needed to get something else to complete the BOGO sale. I needed and even number. They wear really well, theres NO CREASING! I had my doubts, i was afraid as soon as i put on the eyeshadow and looked down to put more product on the brush that i would be creasing. Not the case. My eyeshadow looked great all day.

From the left:


134 Distress: A deep blue, i cant wait to use this. It would be great under a purple shadow or a pink with purple/blue undertones.


132 Envy: This is a very light sheer green color, i was looking for a darker color but im sure this will come in handy.


130 Pixie: This one reminds me of MAC Bare Study Paint Pot. Its a champaigne with silver shimmer its really pretty, im glad i had to buy it. lol I wore this one on Sat. as a primer and it worked extremely well.


Now these i wasnt really into but i have been looking for colored liquid liner, so i thought id give them a try. Hey they were buy one get one free so why not? They are $2.99, and these arent part of the "NEW" line either but that doesnt mean they are lower in quality. The only thing i dont like about them is they have a brush applicator, im used to the felt tip or i use a script brush to apply liner. Other than that i have no complaints. They stay all day, they dont fade, or chip away and they apply evenly. You do have to fan your eyes so they completely dry or youll get the liner on your lid when you open up your eyes.
From the left:


862 Blue: it looks like a light blue in the bottle, on my hand it looks very very light periwinkle blue. I thought i could use this with red lipstick and a bare eye with this as liner but now im not sure. Ill have to work with it. Its "cute".


865 Brown: I could NOT leave this one behind, shes the reason why i had to buy the Pixie creme pencil. It reminds me of Gilt By Association in liquid liner form. It has bronze and silver shimmer in it! you can barely see it in the picture but its a gorgeous color!


863 Turqouise: Every make up company has a liquid liner this color but how many have them for $2.99? Not many. I wore this one on Sat too and i loved it. i thought it was going to dry and pull my lids and give me that ugly wrinkly liner, not at all! Im amazed, im a HUGE WnW fan now!


Now you would think id stop there right? Its BUY ONE GET ONE FREE people! How could i? I went down to hang out with my mom for the weekend and we went to where else? Rite Aid! Now the make up gods were not smiling on me that day, everything was wiped out!!! Well the good stuff was, the Mega Stay lipsticks, GONE. Eyeliner Pencils, GONE. Eyeshadows, GONE. I was so sad, i found the one lipstick by chance in the Revlon section. LOL

I got some nail polishes, lipsticks, and Jesses Girl Sparklers. The Jesses Girl stuff wasnt BOGO but my Rite Aid doesnt have these and ive been needing new glitter colors so naturally i bought them!

Wet N Wild Craze Nails Color. These arent my usual nail polish colors but i need to start thinking out of the box, these colors stood out to me. They are $1.99. They had a few other colors but not many im telling you it looked like it was ransacked it was crazy. Now excuse my messy man hands but i painted my nails quickly for the pictures and chewed my nails off this weekend. Always happens, they get nice and long and then i start picking at them. I need to rub them with garlic.

233 Rustic: Its basically a bronze color nothing really special about it, i liked it because i thought about doing my nails with leopard print once and i didnt have the right colors for it. Now i do. The sparkle in these nail polishes are somewhat chunky, not like glitter chunky but they arent as fine as say a shimmer. Its different and im kinda liking it.

231 Shield: This is a really nice neutral color polish. Ive been on the hunt for a nice gold nail polish, im not saying this is it but for now itll do. I think its actually supposed to be a silver color, the thumbnail on the site is a silver color but this nail polish is more of a taupey pale gold with silver sparkle. I doubt ill ever wear it alone simply because i feel its too natural a color on me. Itll make nice leopard spots though.

I had to buy the Wild Shine lipstick, again i needed an even number. :D
*FLASH*
From the left:
Wild Shine Lip Lacquer in Rapture: I wasnt too happy with buying this one i thought to myself i should have bought another nail polish but i actually like it! It comes of sheer but its buildable its a red berry color maybe kinda like Blood Red from MAC. I ABSOLUTELY HATE THE SCENT!! It smells like uhmmm pixie sticks?? Wet N Wild is notorious for nasty smelling lipsticks though so i cant say nobody warned me. I can live with it though. Overall i dont hate myself for having got this one.
Mega Last Lip Color in 907C Mauve Outta Here: I LOVE IT. thats all i need to say. haha its a light pink, matte and will look great on anybody. The end.

Im kinda liking these....... im not liking that you only get 1g of glitter for $4.99. when Splash Cosmetics glitter is like 3g for $3 but anway, the colors are different sooooo. They had gold, silver, red and i think thats it. ,he glitter is just regular glitter. I thought it would be more fine and soft but no. It alright though all glitter is good.

It has a wand like this. You dip it in the "application liquid" which is in the black tube you get 1g of that as well, i guess its kinda like their own personal mixing medium. Its kinda watery so i dont know if ill be using the liquid very often. so you dip it in the liquid then dip it in the glitter and voila! Its for face and body you you can put it anywhere you heart desires. I think its pretty handy to have them both on the same tube, for when you go out or whatever you always have some "mixing medium" handy for glitter! Am i the only one with that problem?

From the left:
Ocean Spray: Its a good name for it, cause its basically what it is. Its not green it not blue. Kinda like a minty green i guess. Not a common glitter color, that i have seen anyway.
Royal Blue: I already have blue glitter! LOL i totally had a brain fart at the check out counter.

*BONUS*
I already told you guys i found a Cinderfella Dupe which is NYX Cryptonite. I couldnt take picture swatches for you guys cause my camera wasnt cooperating but i have my moms camera! so here you go! Cryptonite is on the left and Cinderfella is on the right. No flash cause then you wouldnt be able to see the glitter. Cyptonite is actually more black and Cinderfella is like a charcoal. Cinderfella does have different sizes of shimmer/glitter so it is more glitzy, but Cryptonite has ALOT of glitter so it makes up for it.

1 comment:

  1. Awesome... I can't wait for Walgreens to have BOGO on WnW, as I dnt have Rite Aide where I live. That's the only time I take advantage of their purchases.

    ReplyDelete