Friday, July 2, 2010

HIDDEN TREASURE: MAC Colour Craft Collection

First, the MAC stuff i talk about is ALL LIMITED EDITION from the MAC Colour Craft Collection that came out July 2009. Sorry if it angers anyone but i was super excited! :D
June 12th 2010...... That weekend i went to hang out with my mom, my husband was gone for the next 2 weeks so i packed up the babies and headed down to my home town. My mom wanted to go to the indoor swap mall and get some new perfume all i wanted to do was eat some pizza (Me n Eds Pizza to be exact MMMMM) We get to the parking lot and there are many other lil stores in this shopping center so we had to park kinda far away from the swap mall, so we were walking toward the mall and my mom sees a huge sign that says "PERFUMERIA" which is the Mexican "PERFUMANIA" LOL my mom decides that we are going there first, i was not happy about this because the pizza was in the other direction. To my surprise when we approach the store i can see through the windows they have make up! I got a lil excited.... until we got inside!!! There were boxes and boxes of old discontinued foundations, powders, lipsticks and blushes all over the floor. EEWWW. I wasnt interested so i just wandered around while my mom tried to haggle with the salesman to bring down the perfume 10 bucks. LOL yeah she does that. Im chasing around Nathan when we hit the back of the store and THEN!! I saw it! the MAC Lipglass Set from the Magic Mirth & Mischief Collection! My heart skipped a beat. I asked the girl how much and she said $35 i couldnt and still cant remember the retail price so i dont know if it was a deal or not. I looked and inspected the lipglasses, casing, and box. IT WAS LEGIT! I told her i didnt want the lipglasses im not much for the MAC lipglasses just kinda like eh. She said "we have some blushes on this side" OMFG! They had Mineralized Skinfinishes and Mineralize Blushes AND the 131 Duo Fibre Brush! I got so excited cause i always kicked myself for not getting Porcelain Pink MSF and they had it!! They didnt have Daft Pink thought :( so sad. the MSFs were $25 Retail are $27. and the Mineral Blushes were $15! Retail they are $21. this is the BEST part i got two 131 brushes, they were $15!!! Retail they went for $40! My FIRST REAL FULL SIZE MAC BRUSH! LOL (i just found out the 131 brush is out with the To The Beach Collection too!) They also had the blush and bronzer kit of the Magic Mirth & Mischief Collection for $35 I MUST go back!! I heard somewhere that the Colour Craft Collection didnt do so well.....so im assuming these people bought them from someone. I asked the girl cuz im nosey but she didnt seem to know. Now you know where most of my IMATS spending money went. I could NOT pass this up!
*Left to Right*
Mineralized Blushes
I didnt get to swatch them in the store but I need to start buying more neutral colors for my kit i thought these would be perfect. I have NC40 skin and neither one of the blushes show up on me very well, they give off the pretty champaigne/pinky orange shimmer but no color. I tried building the color but what ends up happening is the shimmer builds rather than the pigmentation of the blush. So what i have been doing with both of these blushes is putting on a light layer of cream blush first and then the mineral blush on top, it gives a more colorful look that looks so beautiful and natural!

Cheek & Cheerful (left): It looks really coppery and bronzey in the swatch and it kinda is. Its a neutral tan color with gold veining and swirled together they make this gorgeous shimmery tan blush. I have been using this mineralize blush with MAC Lilicent Cream Blush and OMG. i was never into the cream blush thing i had this one for awhile and now i have a new use for it! i LOVE cream blushes! haha

Improvise (right): I wanted this one right when i saw it,it looks orange,pink, and coral to me all at the same time! Its a toned down orange with white gold veining. Swirled together they have that...... do you remember that ice cream when you were kid and they had that orange and vanilla cream ice cream they split and made 2 ice cream sticks? This is what this blush reminds me of! LOL a creamy orange. I use this one with Optimistic Orange Cremeblend Blush from the MAC in Lillyland Collection and it has been my favorite new blush to use for the past 3 weeks.
*FLASH*

SWATCHES
CHEEK & CHEERFUL (LEFT)
IMPROVISE(RIGHT)



Mineralized Skin Finish
Porcelain Pink:

GORGEOUS! its a light pink with pale gold veining, kinda reminds me of By Candlelight MSF (R.I.P.) but with more of a pink flush to it. It looks amazing with MAC Fluer Power Blush. I dont like to use MSFs with blushes that already have shimmer in them because theres too much shimmer going on, i think anyway. ITS AN OPINION! i really wish i would have taken the time to look at the rest of the MSFs so i could pick out the one with the most veining, this one seems kinda low on the gold. haha

*FLASH*

SWATCH
PORCELAIN PINK
Not very noticable on its own but paired with a blush=awesome!

The next day we went to the swap MEET! yes they are 2 different things lol the swap meet is OUTSIDE and the swap mall is an INDOOR swap meet basically. while we were there i got these KleanColor eyeliners, i kind of had to buy the gold one i was swatching it even though there was a sign that said "no testing" and i broke the tip of the gold liner and the lady saw me hahaha! they are actually pretty creamy and smooth and super vibrant in color. They were $1 each. The Wet N Wild Creme Shadow i got at Rite Aid buy one get one half off, I went on a nail polish craze too, that will be posted next.
*Top to Bottom*
Wet N Wild Idol Eyes Creme Shadow Pencil in 131 Electro

KleanColor Eyeliner in 919 Pearl Blue
KleanColor Eyeliner in Old No Name Purple (the pencil has no name on it! lol)
KleanColor Eyeliner in 909 Gold
MY BRUSHES!! The top 2 are the 131 brushes, im still not sure what to do with these. Foundation yeah i know but they are just so pretty hahah im thinking more contouring and highlighting. The bottom one is a fake MAC 187 i got at the swap meet for $13. Its super super soft! i have been using it for my cream blushing as you can tell LOL

THANK GOD FOR Melinda aka BlueFairy0173. She had a video/blog sale on youtube and she had Petticoat!! with shipping it was $40. i know! but i had to! i was sooo worth it! i can see why people are so crazy for this MSF its beautiful! and thats a total understatement i just kinda find a better word lol its like a raspberry sorbet! theres a creamy light pink with gold and raspbery veining and mixed together its this beautiful pink with hot pink/raspberry reflects. Lighter skin tones can wear this just as a shimmery blush for a natural glow effect.

*FLASH*
MY SWATCH DOES THIS MSF NO JUSTICE!

2 comments:

  1. Wow that is some great deals, but Petticoat is coming out July 8 in the In the Groove Collection and it's gonna be $28.

    ReplyDelete
  2. oh what!!! so fired! im getting it again though!lol thanks!!!

    ReplyDelete